Thursday, July 24, 2008

Baby Handprint Poem: A Story of Butterfly Gardens, Fantasy Fairies, and Affirmations of Love


Growing up my parents had a pair of bronze shoes. Yes, these were my baby shoes. I LOVED those baby shoes of course.

A box years later was unpacked by my mother holding yet another pair of my baby shoes. "Wow' I thought, "They must have really love me!"

One day when I was about 16 we visited my Grandmother. She came out of her bedroom with yet another pair of bronzed baby shoes. "Here" she said to me, "I believe these are your bronzed baby shoes".

I look puzzled and I guess a bit upset. How many baby shoes could one baby wear?

The truth had to come out!

Turns out my parents tried their hand at bronzing baby shoes, wanting to start a little cottage industry. NONE of the baby shoes were mine. WAAA!

"Baby Handprint Poem"

I listened for your breath held my head close to yours as you lie sleeping Soothing sounds as my whimsical angel dreams.

I will tell you stories of butterfly gardens puppies and kittens legends of mermaids fantasy fairies and affirmations of love.

An image of your tiny baby handprint I will keep inside a book dear and sweet memories held close to my heart.

I smell the sweetness of you the softness of your skin. Sweet miracle and blessing to my life. Mommy loves you treasures your handprint I hold your little hand show you the way as rainbows sing your song.

My dear and treasured angel just beginning your life I will watch you on your way your little footprints deciding your path I will catch you before you fall.
Oh my tiny angel I will gather moonbeams for you give you everything a baby needs and as you grow older I will encourage you to be steady your feet.

10 Dec. '06
--------------------------

Kathy Ostman-MagnusenFantasy Art Woman

I am a figurative artist and illustrator living in Hawaii. Most of my work is painted in oils. I also do sculpture. I illustrated for Hay House Inc.,"Women Who Do Too Much" CARDS taken from Anne Wilson Schaef's book. I also illustrated for Neil Davidson, who was considered for the Pulitzer Prize in feature writing, and several other publications. My paintings are collected worldwide.

In every single one of my paintings my objective is to 'know them'. To let character reveal their own vision or message. I am often astounded as their presence unfolds and I am met with who they are. I then realize that who 'they' are defines me as well. My hope is that my paintings & sculptures relate to you, and that legends of mermaids; whimsical angel pictures; and tooth fairies fantasies give you the message you need for your own heart and soul.
http://www.kathysart.com/ and http://kathysart.blogspot.com/
Article Source:
http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kathy_Ostman-Magnusen

1 comments:

Studio Ghibli Movies said...

Totoro Kung's come to drop a comment! :-)